Login

My Jelly Bean

Bobby James

My thoughts on love.

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
by on December 24, 2011 at 08:04 PM (126902 Views)
So why are people my age so obsessed with being in long term relationships? I went to high school with this girl who just got married last week, to some guy that she was probably dating for about a year or so. And if you're in love, fine, but we're 18?!? I see people who go through EVERYTHING to stay with someone, but why? We are young with few responsibilities, not married couples.

I can also say that I've been guilty with this "let's grow up too quickly" thing. The other day, I asked my bf if the size of his nose was a recessive trait, because if we have kids someday I don't want them having large noses. Why am I even having this convo, I don't plan to pop out any kids for about ten years! I should be talking about the football game or parties....

I've realized that I'm 18, and I have very few responsibilities. Why am I "about to settle down" with someone??? I should be out, meeting new guys and having fun, and not acting like I'm practically married. Not saying I want to have tons of careless sex, but there are more important things I should focus on, like school, my dreams, etc. I have plenty of time to be consumed with a SO, kids, etc., it's time for me to be self-centered.

That is all.

Submit "My thoughts on love." to Digg Submit "My thoughts on love." to del.icio.us Submit "My thoughts on love." to StumbleUpon Submit "My thoughts on love." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

your blog is just superb
    I read this and the whole time I was thinking, oh my goodness she is right. Yet, i was thinking of it in a different light. you see I'm fifteen and everyone my age is saying how much they love someone. I have done the same thing, but when I tried to move on from Anthony the guy i was dating told me he loved me within a week of dating. I felt...trapped, lied to, set up. I don't know I was lost. Yet, I don't understand why so many children say things like that when they haven't been dating long enough to know what they feel.

I think that perhaps with the growing rate of divorce these days children like myself are deperate to find someone that will stay with them forever. That's just what i think.