Login

My Jelly Bean

Jellybean's Blog

1. Siggy fun

From time to time when browsing these and other forums, I notice Latin signatures, and I'm usually curious enough to Google the Latin and find out what it means in English. Some are funny, some are profound. For some reason, I find them intriguing.

Anyway, I was playing around on my computer today, and wound up on a quotes site where I found some Latin phrases that might make good sigs for anyone in the market. Here's what I found that I liked - see what you think!

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Quotes That Rock

I don't even have to start this post myself... I'll just shamelessly quote the iconic movie star, Marlene Dietrich:

"I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself."

Right on, Marlene. Here are some of my favorite quotes of all time, about life, the universe, and everything...

"There are two ways of spreading light: To be the candle ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Celebs - who cares?!

So, a confession... I am pretty much alone among my friends (and the world at large, it often seems to me) in not giving a rat's behind about the world of celebrity gossip.

Not to say that I don't live in the real world - obviously I get bombarded with media just like everyone else, and can't help developing mild celebrity crushes from time to time (in my case, Johnny Depp and Josh Duhamel) - I mean, when you see a hot guy on a billboard, he's going to burn his way into your consciousness. ...
    Categories
    Celebs & Entertainment
  4. A few years... and a few pounds of makeup

What a difference a few years - and a few pounds of makeup - make!

More specifically, how amazing is it that two girls could change so much, and so differently (one for the better, one for the worse in my opinion) in just a few short years.

I love Gossip Girl. And over the past couple of seasons, I have watched Leighton Meister grow up, ease up on the makeup, and come into her own. The little devil (she is so Evil on the show!) gets prettier every day, and her natural ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images